I’m fully aware that it’s probably freezing cold in most part of the world but, it is a (cold) summer here in Australia. However, feel free to save this recipe for your spring and summer season. The weather changing is crazy here in Melbourne, it was burning hot over the weekends, but then drop dead cold during the week.
During those hot days, I’m always up for something to freshen up in a hot afternoon, this drink can also be use for a summer party with your friends, something to cool down for a barbecue party, etc.
I thought I will share with you the recipe so you can also enjoy and freshen up as well!
- 500ml of plain Soda / bubbly water
- 4 – 6 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 lemon grasses
- Pinch of salt
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Measure your freshly squeezed lime juice into a glass. Depends on how sour you want the drinks to be between 4 to 6 tablespoons. I usually like mine to be a little bit more sour. Then, add in the sugar, give it a good stir until the sugar crystal dissolve completely.
- Then, pour in the soda or bubbly water. And, watch it fizzle. It’s almost like a mini science experiment.
- Add in a pinch of salt, just to bring a little sharpness to the taste.
- Smash your lemon grasses so it can soak in the drinks and release its fragrance.
- Put some mint leaves if you want some extra fragrance to the drinks, and give it another good stir.
- Now add in the ice cubes and cheers!
You can also serve it warm, the lemon will help a lot with a sour throat or a cold, substitute the sugar with some honey to help heal.
Send me some photos if you’ve created the drink on Instagram or Twitter. Let me know what you think about it.
Lots of Love,